I’m bringing back an Old Blog. Going Retro for Father’s Day!
Dad, now that I’m a parent myself, I know what you and mom went through…HELL.
- Dad, my kids often remind me of myself and my siblings when I was a kid- happy now? Sure go ahead and laugh.
- Summer eating is fun; since all the men want to be chefs, especially competitive dads, they want to bar-b-que where no man has bbq before! Go for it!
- Dad, whenever I run into life’s little problems- I think back to all the advice you’ve given me. Damn, I wish I would have been listening.
- Sure grandpa, now that the kids are all jacked up on candy and sodas, it’s time to take them back to mom and dad.
- Dad, can you offer any helpful advice on raising teenagers? Uh, pointing and laughing isn’t advice.
- On Mother’s Day my kids brought me breakfast in bed. On Father’s Day the only way my hubby is getting breakfast in bed is if he sleeps in the kitchen.
- I learned that my hubby shouldn’t complain about all my pairs of shoes. He has twice as many wrenches that he never uses.
- Why does he have so many different size and shape wrenches anyway?
- When our dryer broke, my husband said he could fix it…if he had the right size wrench!
- I learned that hunting through a man’s toolbox is worse than a man hunting through a ladies purse.
- I learned how to remove a cork from a bottle of wine without an opener, leave it in the freezer overnight.
- There’s something about the hot weather that makes some people get a little frisky with their fashion choices. Edgy stilettos and barely-there short dresses, really?
- I’m still trying to figure out when Hawaiian Bermuda shorts, Jackie-O sunglasses, and tank tops went out- of- style? Where’s Miuccia Prada when I need her?
- I learned that faux tanners don’t work for me; I end up looking like a sick zebra.
- When did Military styles come back? I just sold all my cargo pants and camouflage at my garage sale only to find the same get-ups at the department stores.
- Wait, that’s skinny pants with cargo pockets to be worn with double platforms and a sequin tee? Never mind.
- My diet is a constant battle between, sweetened or unsweetened, broiled or fried, chocolate or double chocolate.
- I bought some herbal tea that is supposed to help my memory but I forgot where I put it.
- I learned it’s probably time to cut back on the chlorine in the pool when the beach ball melts.
- Smoke bacon explosion, smoke duck, and smoked cheesecake… count me in.
- After football, basketball and hockey…at last baseball & golf, two whistle free sports most men can sleep through.
- I want to get chocolate wasted!
- Now that summer is here, I don’t have to cook breakfast for the kids because they wake up at noon.
- You shouldn’t be eating candy so early. We have donuts.
- I learned that you don’t choose your family; they are god’s gift to you.
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in the world!
What are you doing for Father’s Day? What did you learn in LIFE?